I used to have an unhelpful habit of asking (repeatedly), “what am I doing with my life?”
I felt like I should have the perfect answer. But instead of actually coming up with an answer, asking this question would just leave me in a rut.
Last summer, a few months after Henry was born, I came across the idea of financial life planning. We went through the exercises and…surprise! I don’t ask those questions anymore.
In this podcast we’re talking about:
- The health diagnosis that led us on our path to search for this process
- The 3 questions and how we approach answering them
- The changes that we’re making in our lives for our family, our baby, and to start living the life that we want, now
- How we identified the values that are shaping our new life plan
- How you can start answering the question, “what do you want to do with your life” and then actually take action
Answer the three questions on the Life Planning for You site.
SIMPLIFY YOUR MONEY. LIVE YOUR LIFE.
A guide to help you embrace freedom, overcome overwhelm, and live a life that’s better than fine.
Money should be simple.
THE LATEST & GREATEST
“Don’t you dare undervalue yourself. Just because one person is trying to get a bargain basement rate, doesn’t mean that’s what you’re really worth.”
Faced with a hard situation at work, this woman leveraged her story of loyalty to get a promotion and a raise that almost doubled her salary. Really.
After a failed attempt at negotiating, this grad student approached the situation differently and learned a valuable lesson: don’t waste your time asking for something the other person can’t give you.