I used to have an unhelpful habit of asking (repeatedly), “what am I doing with my life?”
I felt like I should have the perfect answer. But instead of actually coming up with an answer, asking this question would just leave me in a rut.
Last summer, a few months after Henry was born, I came across the idea of financial life planning. We went through the exercises and…surprise! I don’t ask those questions anymore.
In this podcast we’re talking about:
- The health diagnosis that led us on our path to search for this process
- The 3 questions and how we approach answering them
- The changes that we’re making in our lives for our family, our baby, and to start living the life that we want, now
- How we identified the values that are shaping our new life plan
- How you can start answering the question, “what do you want to do with your life” and then actually take action
Answer the three questions on the Life Planning for You site.
SIMPLIFY YOUR MONEY. LIVE YOUR LIFE.
A guide to help you embrace freedom, overcome overwhelm, and live a life that’s better than fine.
Money should be simple.
THE LATEST & GREATEST
If you want to wade into an emotionally charged topic, this is it. How should married couples split finances is a perfect storm of money and relationships. To do it right, one must consider all options and pick the one right for your personality and relationship....
Investing is complicated. At least we make it complicated. A few months ago, I was helping a friend set up her investment account. As I was walking her through her options, I realized that the words coming out of my mouth sounded…obnoxious. “You’ll want to make sure...
Erica and Jordan at the The Worth Project have the goal of sharing their personal finance experience to help readers improve their financial lives. We regularly partner with companies that share that same vision. Some of the links in this post may be from our...