Not sure if you’re in the right career? Or do you feel pretty certain that you’re on the wrong career track, but you don’t know how to change? Well, then have a listen.
How many people feel disengaged or uninspired or downright unhappy with their career choice? A lot. A 2017 Gallup survey found that 70% of Americans hate their job or are completely disengaged at work. 70%. Oh my.
If you fall into that 70%, or if you feel like maybe you’re not on the right career track, this is going to be the episode for you. How much you enjoy your career can directly impact how much you earn and how much you actually enjoy your life. It’s hard to live a good life if you hate what you’re doing 40+ hours out of the week.
This week we have the founder of Work Bigger, Belma Mccaffrey, on with us. Belma created Work Bigger to help you do work you love and make a difference in the world.
Belma left Jordan and me feeling so inspired to share her story. We cover:
- Why it’s a human need to make the most of your life and your career.
- How Belma channeled her own frustrations with her career to create Work Bigger (and how she pushed past the fear)
- What you can start doing today if you’re burnt out or unhappy in your job, but you don’t know what the next step to take
If you’re feeling a little lost in your career and like you’re not reaching your full potential, keep listening to hear how to change that.
On this podcast you’ll learn:
There were so many great takeaways in this episode, but a few that really stood out to us are the following:
- The beginning of your career journey might be messy. Belma’s was. Mine was. Stick with it and adapt.
- Stop looking at job titles and find your mission. find a deeper connection than I’m a marketing manager.
- Don’t focus on tying your self-worth to your salary. Be clear on what is most important to you and what motivates you.
You can connect with Belma and her community at WorkBigger.co
Thank you for listening!
It’s time to live a life that’s better than fine.
Follow our journey and get the money tools and resources to start your own.
THE LATEST & GREATEST
If you want to wade into an emotionally charged topic, this is it. How should married couples split finances is a perfect storm of money and relationships. To do it right, one must consider all options and pick the one right for your personality and relationship....
Investing is complicated. At least we make it complicated. A few months ago, I was helping a friend set up her investment account. As I was walking her through her options, I realized that the words coming out of my mouth sounded…obnoxious. “You’ll want to make sure...
Erica and Jordan at the The Worth Project have the goal of sharing their personal finance experience to help readers improve their financial lives. We regularly partner with companies that share that same vision. Some of the links in this post may be from our...