Join the Project!
Everything you need to be smarter with your money, delivered weekly.
Not sure if you’re in the right career? Or do you feel pretty certain that you’re on the wrong career track, but you don’t know how to change? Well, then have a listen.
How many people feel disengaged or uninspired or downright unhappy with their career choice? A lot. A 2017 Gallup survey found that 70% of Americans hate their job or are completely disengaged at work. 70%. Oh my.
If you fall into that 70%, or if you feel like maybe you’re not on the right career track, this is going to be the episode for you. How much you enjoy your career can directly impact how much you earn and how much you actually enjoy your life. It’s hard to live a good life if you hate what you’re doing 40+ hours out of the week.
This week we have the founder of Work Bigger, Belma Mccaffrey, on with us. Belma created Work Bigger to help you do work you love and make a difference in the world.
Belma left Jordan and me feeling so inspired to share her story. We cover:
- Why it’s a human need to make the most of your life and your career.
- How Belma channeled her own frustrations with her career to create Work Bigger (and how she pushed past the fear)
- What you can start doing today if you’re burnt out or unhappy in your job, but you don’t know what the next step to take
If you’re feeling a little lost in your career and like you’re not reaching your full potential, keep listening to hear how to change that.
On this podcast you’ll learn:
There were so many great takeaways in this episode, but a few that really stood out to us are the following:
- The beginning of your career journey might be messy. Belma’s was. Mine was. Stick with it and adapt.
- Stop looking at job titles and find your mission. find a deeper connection than I’m a marketing manager.
- Don’t focus on tying your self-worth to your salary. Be clear on what is most important to you and what motivates you.
You can connect with Belma and her community at WorkBigger.co
Thank you for listening!
It’s time to live a life that’s better than fine.
Follow our journey and get the money tools and resources to start your own.
THE LATEST & GREATEST
Episode 16: Why getting laid off isn’t the end of your story. It’s the beginning. – with Crystalee Beck
Join the Project! Everything you need to be smarter with your money, delivered weekly. You can download this episode from Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, TuneIn Radio, and Spotify – or listen to it below! Welcome to the Show Notes! Check out this page for any links,...read more
Join the Project! Everything you need to be smarter with your money, delivered weekly. You know those people who can effortlessly whip up dinner while simultaneously holding a conversation, corralling their kids, and setting a beautiful table? Jordan and I are not...read more
Join the Project! Everything you need to be smarter with your money, delivered weekly. When I met my husband, Jordan, at the tail end of our senior year in college, he got my attention with an unusual pick-up line: “I promise that with me, you’ll have a lifetime of...read more