Join the Project!
Everything you need to be smarter with your money, delivered weekly.
Not sure if you’re in the right career? Or do you feel pretty certain that you’re on the wrong career track, but you don’t know how to change? Well, then have a listen.
How many people feel disengaged or uninspired or downright unhappy with their career choice? A lot. A 2017 Gallup survey found that 70% of Americans hate their job or are completely disengaged at work. 70%. Oh my.
If you fall into that 70%, or if you feel like maybe you’re not on the right career track, this is going to be the episode for you. How much you enjoy your career can directly impact how much you earn and how much you actually enjoy your life. It’s hard to live a good life if you hate what you’re doing 40+ hours out of the week.
This week we have the founder of Work Bigger, Belma Mccaffrey, on with us. Belma created Work Bigger to help you do work you love and make a difference in the world.
Belma left Jordan and me feeling so inspired to share her story. We cover:
- Why it’s a human need to make the most of your life and your career.
- How Belma channeled her own frustrations with her career to create Work Bigger (and how she pushed past the fear)
- What you can start doing today if you’re burnt out or unhappy in your job, but you don’t know what the next step to take
If you’re feeling a little lost in your career and like you’re not reaching your full potential, keep listening to hear how to change that.
On this podcast you’ll learn:
There were so many great takeaways in this episode, but a few that really stood out to us are the following:
- The beginning of your career journey might be messy. Belma’s was. Mine was. Stick with it and adapt.
- Stop looking at job titles and find your mission. find a deeper connection than I’m a marketing manager.
- Don’t focus on tying your self-worth to your salary. Be clear on what is most important to you and what motivates you.
You can connect with Belma and her community at WorkBigger.co
Thank you for listening!
It’s time to live a life that’s better than fine.
Follow our journey and get the money tools and resources to start your own.
THE LATEST & GREATEST
Join the Project! Everything you need to be smarter with your money, delivered weekly. Earlier this week on our podcast, we had Belma McCaffrey of Work Bigger join us. She shared her insight and her own personal story about finding a career that filled her with...read more
If you read my last post, you know that we spent $24,032 during our first 12 months with Henry. To some people, we spent a ton. To others, we didn’t spend much. For us, it was the right amount. I didn’t track this spending for any reason other than I was really...read more
We Spent $24,032 Our First 12 Months With Henry – This is What We Learned and How You Can Avoid Our Mistakes
Join the Project! Everything you need to be smarter with your money, delivered weekly. When I first found out I was pregnant, I solicited a lot of advice. I read a lot of guides about exactly what to expect during pregnancy and how to prepare for when the baby...read more